Monday, July 28, 2014

Week two in the city

Dearest family and friends,
 
Week two in the city has been wonderful!
This week I:
~worked on learning how to navigate the trams between our home in Richmond and the chapel in the city
~got a little better at talking to strangers on the street (turns out I just need to take that first step to initiate conversation and then I'm pretty sweet)
~learned a couple phrases in Vietnamese (xin chou!)
~set a solid baptismal date with our investigator, Ken. He is from Thailand and has lived in Melbourne for a few years. He is so enthusiastic about learning the gospel and is so diligent in reading the scriptures! I am so excited to continue to help him progress.
~met a girl named Tijana who is absolutely amazing. The elders are teaching her, but I just want to be her best friend. She's Aussie and a total hippie, which is not normally the type to be receptive to the gospel, but she came to church on Sunday and loved it so much that she didn't want to leave!
 
I love the city and I love being a missionary and I love the gospel!!

xoxo Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment